Ok so, it has been over a year that we started trying to potty train. It's been on ongoing battle. Taben has known when he has to go, but for some reason just wouldn't go. I have no idea why. He'd do really well for awhile, then as soon as we'd put training undies on him he'd wet all over the place. He'd been through 6 pairs of undies within a few hours once!
But, that's changed! His teacher, Kristen, said that he goes potty during the day at daycare, and I should bring him in underwear and see how he does. So last Thursday, Nov 16, I took him in undies. Unfortunately, because of an excess of "white grape pomegranate juice" he had the runs TWICE before his teacher put a pull up back on, afraid he wasn't done. :( Apparently that juice is great for cleaning out the sytem.... :/ So I put him back in undies on Friday, and when I picked him up from daycare, he was in the SAME pair that I dropped him off in, and was DRY!!!!! WOOHOO! He was dry the rest of the day, then did alright Saturday and Sunday, though he had a few accidents on Saturday and only wore undies for a few hours on Sunday. He did alright on Monday, though he had a few minor accidents, then a big one in the evening, but he's been COMPLETELY dry since Tuesday morning!!!! Even when he wakes up in the morning, he's dry, so I encourage him to go into the bathroom!
Oh, and he pooped on the potty on Monday and a tiny bit Tuesday night as well! I'm kinda concerned about if he's holding it in or not, but so far no accidents in that regard!
Oh my gosh I just can't believe it! Woohoo! It's so nice to not have to worry about having a diaper or pullup with me at all times! We've even gone out shopping and to dinner, and to the park, still no accidents! He tells us when he needs to go then we make sure he gets to a potty!
My big boy's growing up! I'm so proud of him though! Yay! I'm so glad that we finally got this cornerstone crossed! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment